Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chinese Gender Calendar

Have you heard of this thing? I first heard about it from someone at work, who said she couldn't believe it was accurate for the babies in her family.
.
We have been looking into gender things a little bit. We want to have another baby. We want a BABY, boy or girl, we will be thrilled. But if we have a say in the matter, we would like to have a boy. So in our interest in gender, I looked up the Chinese Gender Calendar. Now, I don't really believe something like this could work. I am amazed, though, that it was correct for all 3 of my girls.
.
Is it correct for your kids? If you are curious, here is how to figure it out.
.
You need your birth date and the date of the babies conception (not due date or birth date).
You can find your conception date here
.
Put both dates in the calculator at the bottom of this page http://www.chinesegendercalendar.info/index.html
.
The chart was easier to see there what we would be looking at with this baby. You use your age at conception (not birth). Basically, there are only 3 months in the next year it says we could conceive a boy, next December and January being the soonest.
Again, I don't believe this could really be right, so we are not going to plan our baby around it, but it is a curious tool. What do you think?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It was correct for Chani, and if Emery not been born early, it would have been correct for him too. Look at it this way, you have a 50% chance of it being right!

Kathleen said...

It is based off of due date, not birth date, which is usually close enough, unless your baby came early.
It is odd how often it does seem to be right.

Danielle said...

I used that conception date finder and we're at... 25%. Grant is our only child that was right.

Kent said...

This calendar is a JOKE! It says we have to conceive in December to have a boy! And since she already had her IUD taken out.....IT AINT HAPPENING!!!!

Katrina Wilson said...

It's worked off all the babies I've tried it with! And it worked for Whitney!! Good luck! I hope you get a boy!!

The Cook Clan said...

I heard of it the first time when I was preggers with K. It was right for both my kiddos!

Julie w said...

Ellyse's wasn't correct. We'd have to wait till December as well if we wanted a boy. Too bad my body's a mess.

Katrina Wilson said...

Hey I'm replying to your comment! I would love to have a ladies night with you the next time we are home! We should be home in August sometime!! I'll give ya a call though! By the way! Good luck ;)

Unknown said...

That is fun to check out! It is 100% wrong with ours though, it said Kaydence and Marley should have been boys and that this next one (if we conceive when we are planning) should be a boy. So maybe for me it is just opposite ;)
Kent's comment made me laugh out loud! I'm just impressed that your sticking with "the plan" for this next one ;)