Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lagoon

We got a babysitter for Corinne, and took Camryn and Kendra to Lagoon. We were all excited to ride the rides.

As soon as we got there, we got started. Kent thought he was looking at the line for the cars you drive around. Kendra wasn't tall enough, so I took her over to the carousel while Kent and Camryn got in line. It turns out, they weren't in line for the cars, but for the white roller coaster.

Camryn was excited. Then it started going fast. She ducked down as far as she could and closed her eyes the whole time. She tried so hard to act brave. She said she had to close her eyes because the wind was so fast. She said she had fun. Kent asked if she wanted to go again. A look of fear came over her and she quickly said no.
.
Probably not the best first ride.

Kendra had fun on the carousel.
Then I thought it would be fun to go on the swinging boat. Kent thought it would be too much for them, but I thought it would be okay. The girls agreed to try it.
Happy and ready to go.
The first swing
Then it got up to real speed.
I can't stop laughing at this one. I must be a mean mom.
After this, Camryn and I went on the swings. They went pretty high and fast. While we were going, Camryn says "Why do I try to be brave?"
She'd had enough of the big rides. We stuck with the kid rides after that.
We found the real line for the cars.


This was the Dinosaur Drop. They lift you way up, then let you drop. Kendra wanted to try it, even though it looked a little scary. Camryn wanted to watch.


After Camryn saw Kendra and Daddy have so much fun, she wanted to try it too.
They both loved this one so much, that we came back and rode it again later.
We rode the train to see the animals. They had camels and tigers and all sorts of animals.
We also got wet. We went down Rattle-Snake Rapids. I was the one that least wanted to get wet, but I thought I could try to avoid the water to a point. Not everyone gets soaked.
I sat on the wrong side of our raft. As we approached the torrent of water pouring off the rocks over half of our raft, everyone else squished around the other side. There was no room for me. I got DRENCHED.
We all got wet later, when we went swimming. The girls had fun in the pools with the caves and waterfalls. Then we headed back for a few more rides before going home.
We are so happy we did this. We feel like we got so much quality time together. It was so fun to ride rides together. There is nothing better than seeing your kids happy, laughing, and having fun.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

What a wonderful time. I'm so glad you could do that together!

Julie w said...

So much fun huh? We loved going to Lagoon last time because we all got to ride some rides together too! We should go together next year or something. We didn't get a chance to go there this year! Boo :(

And, of course you would be laughing at that photo. Did you see Kent's face? :) Hahaha!!

Unknown said...

LOL, I was literally laughing the entire time reading your blog and looking at the pictures!!! The pictures of them on the swing still have me dying laughing, their faces tell it ALL (Extremely excited, Extremely unsure, Extremely DONE). All these pictures are so great, you don't need words. I loved how Camryn said, "Why do I try to be brave." LOL!!!! Oh my heck they are too cute, I LOVE IT!! I love you guys!