Monday, October 17, 2011

Camryn turns 7

Camryn's birthday was on the first day of school. I don't know what she was more excited about, starting school again or it being her birthday.
Ready for her first day of First Grade
Her teacher is Mrs. Moulson, who she seems to like. The sad part was that neither of her two best friends are in her class. Both Brayden and Elsie have different teachers, but they eat breakfast together and often play at recess. Camryn told me, " I get to see Brayden at four recesses, if you count morning before school starts!"
.
For a follow-up on the love letter, I had a talk with Camryn about boys. She agrees that is best to be friends with lots of different boys, and not a girlfriend. So they are back to being friends. Whew!
.
After school, we celebrated her birthday. We had the friend party earlier, on her birthday we had a family party. We let her choose where to eat dinner. She chose Gerties-all you can eat pizza. We also saved some of her presents for this day.It still surprises me how big Camryn is. It is crazy to see her growing up,
growing up so fast.
Camryn is still a social butterfly. She makes friends so easily, and it seems to me that lots of other kids like her and want to be her friend.
She loves school and likes doing her homework. She loves math (she even wrote "I luve math" on one of her math sheets). Her reading ability is amazing. She is supposed to read 20 minutes most days for Book-It. She would read 6 books to fill 20 minutes. Kent finally took her down to the public library and checked out some chapter books. She finished her first one today. It was Lions at Lunchtime from the Magic Tree House series. She loved it.
After she read me the last two chapters, completing her 20 minutes, I found her here:
In her bed reading another of her library books.
I am so proud of the girl that she is growing up to be. She is genuine and sweet, fun and spunky, smart and witty.
I love you, Camryn.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I love you so much also, Camryn. I am impressed with what a beautiful sweet girl you are. When I get to see you again, will you read to me? I would love it!

Unknown said...

And she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I just can't get over how every time I see her it seems like she is even more grown up and even though I wouldn't think it possible more beautiful. You describe her sweet and genuine personality so well, she is so sensitive to others feelings and is always expressing thanks and love. I am in love with your sweet girls!!! I love the pictures and all the great faces she pulls, her fun personality really does just draw everyone to her! That is so awesome that she is so into reading already, she is such a little smarty pants like her parents! I love you and hope to see you soon... sooner than I originally would have expected, keeping my fingers crossed! Love you so much!