Thursday, December 8, 2011

Temple Sealing

Kent Parkinson, family sealingKent and I have shared the goal of attending the temple together since we were first dating. We took Camryn and Kendra to Logan, Utah a long time ago. I don't even remember what that trip was for, but Camryn loved the temple there. She called it the castle temple, because she thought it looked like a castle. We returned to Logan occasionally, and always took time to admire the castle temple. So when Kent and I started discussing which temple we might like to be sealed in, the Logan Temple seemed the most appropriate. We bought a picture of the Logan temple and it has been hanging in our home as a symbol of our goal.Kent Parkinson Kent ParkinsonThis goal finally became a reality, and we had a temple date set for September 17, 2011. Right up until the last minute, it was hard for me to believe that this was really happening. I had been wanting to go through the temple for so long.
That morning, before we went inside, Kent's cousin, Whitnie, took some family pictures for us. She is an amazing photographer and captured our day so well. It was raining that morning, but she still got some wonderful photographs.
Kent ParkinsonKent Parkinson
Kent Parkinson
Kent ParkinsonKent Parkinson, Kathleen ParkinsomKent Parkinson
Kent Parkinson
The time finally arrived for us to go inside. I had the opportunity to take out my endowments. It was an experience unlike anything else. It was absolutely amazing. The feelings I felt were indescribable. I know that the things I felt were real and the blessings of the temple are from God.
Kent and I were also able to be sealed together, for time and all eternity. I love Kent so much. He is such an amazing husband. I never dreamed I would have someone like him. I feel so blessed to be his companion forever.
After our sealing, Corinne was brought into the room to be sealed to us. Words cannot describe the feelings of love that came over me when she walked in, all dressed in white. You could tell from her expressions and mannerisms that she could feel the special feelings of the temple. The spirit that was felt in that room when she walked in was indescribable.
The whole experience was the closest thing to heaven on earth that I have ever experienced. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Camryn and Kendra could have been sealed to us as well. I also wish that they could have felt the amazing spirit inside the sealing room. But when we came out, they were there waiting for us.
I love all three of my girls, and my husband so much.Kent ParkinsonKent Parkinson
The wonderful group of people that shared this experience with us.
After that we all headed to an amazing lunch and The BlueBird Restaurant. Kent Parkinson
We were served delicious chicken cordon bleu with salad and potatoes and rolls with pie for desert.
Kent ParkinsonIt was a truly amazing day. One that I will never forget.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Kathleen! This post made me cry. I am so happy for you and your family! What a beautiful day, and you are gorgeous. Love your dress.

Danielle said...

It's all so beautiful! Your family, the pictures, the way you've described it... what a beautiful day for your family!

Danielle said...

P.S. That very first picture, with the temple in the background, is absolutely stunning. Get that printed the biggest size they make and get that up on your wall. :) Gorgeous!

Katrina Wilson said...

I am SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO Happy for you! You made me cry!! Congrats you guys! I know one day Camryn and Kendra will be with you in the temple too!! You are the best! I really miss seeing you everyday!!

Unknown said...

You captured the day very well, it really was such a perfect day. The spirit really was so strong when your little angel came in, that is what the temple is all about right there - families! You guys are one VERY special family, thank you for letting us share that memorable day with you. Such amazing pictures!
I'm so sorry about not bringing the pictures over Thanksgiving!!!

Tiffanie said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! What a very special day :) You are beautiful and so are your girls!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, wow, wow, amazing photos! Such an amazing day!!

Kristina said...

Big congratulations! There is almost nothing as special as a family being sealing in the temple. Love you guys! We are so happy for you!

Marsha said...

What an emotional, tender blog. The pictures said everything about the strong feelings of that most important day -- and so did your words. What a priviledge it was to be there and witness that event.