Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Family Rocks!

It was so fun to hear about what everyone did over the 4th of July holiday. Do you want to know what my family did? They worked, hard. My mom, dad, Dane, and Mickell were all here on the 4th working on my house. Travis, Nicole, Taylor, and Kaydence came Saturday morning and joined in. They all stayed as long as they could; most stayed until Monday evening. Everyone worked hard the entire time they were here.

My dad completely gutted my old, nonfunctional bathroom. Old yellow tile, maroon tub, toilet, and sink, and nasty carpet gone. Thanks to Brad,
a friend of ours (see Brad and Sage Hanks blog), we got a nice new soaker tub to put in. Brad helped us with a lot of supplies. This bathroom was dad's big project. It has already been a lot of work, and it's not done yet.

Here my wonderful, smiling mother is in the process of removing the 6 layers of wallpaper that were in this area of my house. There was wallpaper in every single room of my house. I use the past tense, because between, my mom, Nicole, and myself, most rooms are now wallpaper free. We are debating starting an anti-wallpaper campaign.


After wallpaper removal was complete, priming and painting began (isn't Nicole beautiful, even when she's working so hard). Before everyone left, my living room, hallways, kitchen, dining room, and bedroom were all painted. All wall and trim done. It made such an amazing difference.

Taylor and Travis trimmed out my windows that were replaced long ago and never trimmed. They both did tons of other stuff, but this was a big project.
In addition to helping with various projects, Dane and Mickell watched Camryn, Kendra, and Kaydence so we could actually get some work done.
What a difference everyone made over a holiday weekend.
MY FAMILY ROCKS!



11 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, do they hire out!?!?!?! I'd love a good looking, hard working crew like that too!! Can't wait to see the finished projects!!

Danielle said...

Ooh, I want to see the finished product too. So is this a house you're moving into? Moving out of? Or just redoing? Either way, looks like fun!

The Cook Clan said...

That is so awesome!!! I'm so excited for you. Seriously let us know if we can do anything to help. I know how hard it is to fix up a house, especially by yourself. Even if it is just dropping your kids off for a bit. Sorry Scott works every night until dark but I would love to help you out, all you have to do is ask! That was nice of your fam to come and help you so much. I want to see finished pics too.

Jacqueline said...

I'm assuming this is your new house in Blackfoot. Isn't family wonderful and TALENTED. Good luck in your new house, you will appreciate it more for the before/after comparison.

Unknown said...

Kathleen, Travis and Taylor still think it sounds like a good Idea to just burn the house down and collect the insurance money. Too bad thats against the law huh? We love you and we're excited to have you closer. Da sooner da better :).

Grandma Beanie said...

I KNOW you have a terrific family, but I think they think you are pretty terrific yourself. We love you and are so excited for you. Thank you for being ours too.

Kristina said...

Wow I'm now sure if I should say what fun, or a lot of work, or both. Either way it is exciting!
It is great when you can get family to help out :)

Gary and Angela said...

Hey good job! Wallpaper seriously is the most stubborn thing in the world! It will be so fun to see the end result :)
-angela

Roxanne said...

Wow, They got all that done in one weekend! I will have to come take a look. You have a great family...I am glad you will be closer to them, although it makes me sad thinking about you being gone. I will come over as soon as I feel up and going again.

Unknown said...

Kathleen,
Travis is the one who did the post about tearing it down. Your so sweet, I can't think of anyone else in the world who is more willing to drop anything to help than you. I'm glad we were able to help and I always LOVE eating your amazing meals you make, that is always such a treat (you have skills!!!)

The Herres Family said...

Wow looks like you got a lot of work done. Is the house your fixing up the one you are going to be moving into here in Blackfoot? Hope the move goes good. Talk with you soon.