Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baking

I really like to bake. The problem has been my oven. Every time I bake, I end up cursing the darn thing. It cooks so hot from the bottom, and cooks very un-evenly. I adjust my rack to the highest point, rotate pans at least 3 times during baking, and end up with an almost appropriately baked good, sometimes.
Then I go to my mom's house and bake. I LOVE her oven. It has this system called "accubake." I can put a pan anywhere, and leave it alone throughout the entire baking process. I can even bake more than one pan at a time. Everything still comes out baked evenly.
Check this out
This is a new (used) oven in MY KITCHEN!!! Besides the glass top, look at what else it has...I am jumping up and down with joy! Kent found it on Craig's list, and bought it for me.
Of-course, I had to try it out. These are cooling right now. These cookies came from two pans, baked at the same time (only I can really appreciate that fact).

10 comments:

Sage Hanks said...

That Kent.... there he goes again. I am just glad that you are FINALLY happy!!

The Cook Clan said...

That is so neat!!! I love craigslist. Have fun baking!

Unknown said...

Cool! Any busy mom can appreciate more than one tray of cookies baked at once. I long for a new stove.

Laura said...

Yum! My oven isn't as bad as your original, but it certainly isn't as even as your new one!!

Great job finding it on Craigslist! It makes you feel better when you get something so cool ... for a good price! :)

Julie w said...

Kent can make some mean cookies. Did he help you? Hey, I heard you might be doing a reception in Ut. Is this right? I miss seeing you guys!

Unknown said...

I love your oven too! I may not be able to appreciate the "Accubake System" but I can definitely appreciate your cooking! You guys get some killer deals online. I wanted to see you this last weekend, or you coming over for Conference Weekend (I'm pretty sure everyone is coming)?

Taylor and Amanda said...

So.....I know that I'm a hypocrite for saying this (considering my last post was in December), but I WANT AN UPDATED POST from you. You live too far away and I need to keep up on what's going on with you! And don't give me that lame excuse of you being too busy because you're planning your wedding, working full time, and raising two children! DETAILS NOW PLEASE! I really miss you and can't wait to come to Twin so we can hang out more.

Kathleen said...

I love you Amanda =)

I'll work on it. I can't wait for you to be here in Twin too.

The Cook Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristy said...

I can only imagine what you old oven was like. Crazy! I like to bake too. I am so happy for you, that is awsome that you can now have an oven that works as it should.