Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is this for REAL?

Kent did not have to work yesterday. He was here in Twin Falls, as is usual on his days off. A day off, what does that mean? For most of us, we try to catch up on things at home and rest a bit for the next work week. What does Kent do? He turns into a machine. I honestly don't know how he accomplishes all he does in a single day. Yesterday he
*changed the oil on 3 vehicles (mine included)
*fenced off a section of my backyard (I'm guessing a 30 foot section)
*rewired an outlet in the girls room so we can actually use it
*brought me lunch at work and ate with me
*stopped by my attorney's office 3 times for me
*picked up the girls from daycare and took Camryn to her swimming class (I don't get off work early enough, so she would almost never get to go if it wasn't for Kent)
*picked up Camryn and fed the girls dinner

All BEFORE I got off work at 6:30. Then we were all able to spend time together and take the dogs for a walk. Today he is back in Utah for work.

He has teased me about not noticing all he does, or not appreciating it because it has become a common thing. The fact is, I am bad at noticing all he does. It is also true that it is a common thing (for me to come home and he's got a million things done). He always works this hard.

I want him to know how grateful I am for him. He is such a self-motivated hard working man. He is also responsible, giving, SWEET, patient, loving, FUN, just all-around AMAZING! And the best part is, he's mine. I am so lucky to have him.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. Listening to that list makes me think he might be a descendant of Don Aslett! I need a nap just after reading it...

:)

Sara said...

wow, what a guy!
i'm so happy for you!

Sage Hanks said...

Yah! A NEW post! WOW! I just have to tell you... I love you! I love how happy you are... i love that you smile again and laugh. You are so amazing. Now this is for Kent. Thanks for wanting to be friends with us.... ahahahahah some people think its hard jk. Thanks for makin my friend so happy. Thanks for coming to dinner the other night. Thanks for dealing with Brad and laughin at all his stupid jokes and nerdy comments. Thanks for loving those little girls and makin them so happy. Thanks for marrying their mom so that Camryn can have a baby brother one day ahahahahah. I am soooooo glad that in only a few short weeks you get to be apart of the family. I can't wait for May!

Unknown said...

I definitely think Kent's "love language" is Service (so is Travis's). I need to have you two take the quiz the next time we get together (which I WISH was Saturday but we will just have to reschedule!). I just love Kent more and more the more I see you two together and how good he treats you. I loved the conversation we had a few weeks ago where Tay was saying Trav and Kent were making him look bad and Tay said Travis was worse because he was still doing this stuff after being married and Kent jumped in and said "I'm NOT going to stop doing ANY of this once were married" he loves being able to serve you and always wants you to know how much he loves you. Sorry this is such a long comment, I have just been so impressed with Kent.

Laura said...

What a MAN! I'm so glad he's yours too! You deserve someone that wonderful.

The Cook Clan said...

That is so neat that you found such an amazing guy. I wanna come see your new house. Since your new hubby has remodeled everything!

Catherine said...

Yes, you are lucky, by the sound of your post, to get such a guy. But, I know that he is also very lucky to get you. You guys deserve each other!