Sunday, July 8, 2012

Connor's Blessing Day

I am so far behind on blogging. Life has been busy, as usual, but even more so lately. We packed up all our stuff, and moved to Pocatello. We moved our stuff on a Friday night, and I had to go back to work the following Monday. In addition to my regular 40 hours, I have had lots of drive time, filling in at pharmacies all over. Kent has also been busy, first finishing up our old house so we can sell it, then starting his volunteer hours for school. We moved 4 weeks ago, and our new house is still full of boxes. Someday we will get all moved in.

I have lots of things to blog about, but I am going to skip forward to last Sunday, July 1, 2012, the day we blessed Connor.

 It was such a special, special day. He looked so handsome in his little white outfit.
This outfit is extra special. It is Dane's. It is the outfit that he was blessed in, and sealed to my parents in.
Dane, on his blessing day
June 1994
I was able to be there in the temple, kneel at the altar, and hold Dane's little hand on my parents hands while he was sealed to them. It is such a special, sacred memory for me.
Sealing Day
August 1994

Connor's blessing day was a very emotional day for me, and many members of my family. Connor is the first boy born to our family since Dane was born, and we gave Connor Dane's name, as a middle name. Dane really was such an awesome, wonderful person. Dane's loss has taught us how valuable life is. We all want to hold Connor, and love him, and never let him go.

Many of our family members came to share this special day with us. Camryn, Kendra, and Corinne we so happy to see Kaydence, Marley, and Kesler.
Joy gave Connor a bath, then I got him dressed just before it was time to leave for church.
 My handsome little man!

LaRee seemed to love holding Connor as much as I do (which is really saying a lot). She never wanted to give him up to someone else. It made me smile to see the way she watched my mom holding him during sacrament meeting. If she couldn't be holding him, she was at least going to be looking lovingly at him.
We all headed over to the church. During sacrament meeting, Kent was able to give Connor a name and a blessing. My dad, Jonathan, Travis, Bruce, and Howard were all in the circle with him. Kent gave such a special blessing. It made me cry, and I noticed that I wasn't the only one. Even Kent was very emotional about it.

After church, we came back to our house. We got a group picture before lunch.

 We barbecued hamburgers and shared a lovely spread of food.
My mom and Bruce



Kaydence enjoying one of my mom's staples, monkey bread. It is a cinnamon and sugar delight!
Grandpa had to get in on some of the delight! 
Nicole and Kesler
Jonathan spent lots of time playing with his nieces. They love it! I just hope his suite jacket made it through unscathed. He was rolling around with them and everything.
Me and Connor with Nicole and Kesler
We had to get a picture together with our little men.

Thank you to everyone that shared this special day with us.
  We all love this little man so much!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great post! What a cute little boy! It's so neat that he was blessed in Dane's blessing outfit as well. I think those baby boys have helped your family in the healing process. Such sweet, special babies!

Marsha said...

That was a post worth waiting for! Since Dane's passing, each one of our family times together are even more significant than they used to be. And Connor's blessing was so tender and fulled with the spirit. What an amazing day!

The Cook Clan said...

Ah so sweet! We miss you guys!!!

Julie w said...

Really really neat! Such a sweet little boy...and family!

Unknown said...

Such a special day, thank you so much for having us over for it! I love how those pictures of Connor turned out, he is such a handsome little man!!! I agree that the times we spend together as a family are more treasured somehow now. I love you guys so much!!!