Monday, July 23, 2012

Camryn's First Grade Field Trips

I am going to do some catch up blogs. I'd like to cover some things I've missed. One of those things is Camryn's first grade field trips that I was able to join her on. Going back to elementary school is fun, especially with my kids! Back in December, I got to join Camryn on a field trip to the local fire station.
 The fire trucks were pretty cool! We'd never seen them this close up before. They let all the kids climb inside and through one of the fire trucks.
 The firemen told us what it is like to be a fireman, and they gave us a tour of the station. We even got to see their bedrooms, and how the station is a home away from home.

This firefighter showed us how quickly he can get dressed in all his gear and be ready to go in an emergency.
 He was super fast!
 It was a fun day, and we learned a lot!

The next field trip I got to join Camryn on was the end of year field trip in May. All four first grade classes walked to the park for a play day. The teachers brought various things for the kids to play with. Each child got a bottle of bubbles. Camryn had fun blowing bubbles with her friends.
 We were moving to Pocatello the day after this field trip, so we knew it was Camryn's last day to see her friends. We made sure to get some pictures.

Elsie and Camryn


Camryn and Josie


Alex, Camryn, and Jorgie


 After playing with bubbles for awhile, we headed over to the monkey bars. Camryn is awesome at the monkey bars!
 Later she played duck, duck, goose.
 She also spent some time holding and showing off her new baby brother.
 Just before going back to school, we all ate a picnic lunch on the grass. I packed this apple as part of Camryn's lunch. This apple is a special apple.
Camryn lost a tooth eating this apple. She said she didn't notice when the tooth fell out, she just noticed at one point that is was gone. We searched for the tooth but could not find it. We concluded that Camryn most likely ate her tooth along with the apple. All part of a nutritious meal!

I really enjoy seeing Camryn with her friends and getting to meet so many people from her school. The thing I like most is getting to spend time with Camryn, though.
Hopefully there are lots more school field trips in my future!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I just love how involved you are with your kids! It all looked like so much fun. That apple WAS a special apple too!

Unknown said...

It seems like you have been to Camryns class for holidays and field trips every chance you get! That is awesome! It always gets me excited for the chance I'll hopefully get with Kaydence too (it might make it easier for me when it IS time for her to go to school and leave me). Great pictures of her with her friends, I especially loved the one with her proudly holding up her handsome baby brother!