Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kendra's Tag

Thank you Danielle, I had been wanting to post some individual things about my girls, and this was the perfect opportunity. Here are 5 things about Kendra at the fun age of 2 . 1. Anyone that knows Kendra knows that she is a mommy's girl. She is always content when I am holding her. If I am not there, someone else holding her will suffice. She just loves to cuddle. I get busy doing things, and the most common words I hear her say are "mommy, I want chou." I am a softee. I am going to miss this when she gets bigger.
2. Kendra is pretty easy going, until she gets mad. That little girl can throw a fit. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, look out! You might need your ear plugs handy too. And oh, the big tears roll down her cheeks. Her face turns red. She is pretty dramatic about it all. It is hard not to laugh (unless we are in public, that happened once).

3. Kendra does not need much discipline. If she does something bad, I take her to time out. The second she knows she's in trouble, those crocodile tears come up. She sobs, "mommy, be good. Be good, mommy." Her attitude immediately changes. I don't think I even leave her in time out for a full minute, and her bad behavior stops. She always says sorry, and hugs who ever she hurt or offended. If only big sisters wanted to be like their little sisters...

4. Kendra loves learning words. She often asks what something is or repeats what you say, almost sounding like it's a question. This morning for example, Kendra says, "what's this?"
Me: concealer
Kendra: con-see-ler? con-see-ler?
Me: yes, for mommy's zits
Kendra: mom-my's zits?
(I'm sure that word will come in handy)
Or she just repeats the last part of a sentence you just said.
Me: We are going to have spaghetti for dinner.
Kendra: spe-ge-ti dinn-er?

5. Her favorite toy is a baby doll. She has her favorite baby at home, but she will pick any baby doll over another toy any day. She loves to cuddle her baby, push it around in a stroller, change its diaper, and just mommy the little doll.

Kendra is my sweet little girl. I am lucky to be her mommy.

People I tag: Sage (Morgyn), Vanae (Violet), Bethany (McKenna), and Jill (Chani). If I tagged you last time, you can pick from the two tags.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

How cute and sweet!

The Cook Clan said...

What a sweet post! She is a cutie. I can't believe how fast they grow. Seems just like yesterday when I was holding the tiny Kendra in Relief Society.

Unknown said...

Kendra really is a sweet heart! Way cute post, you describe her well in it.