Saturday, July 4, 2009

Camping Out in Jarbidge, Nevada

Camryn said this to me a few weeks ago,
"Mom, remember a long, long, loooong, loooooong time ago when we went camping? Can we go again?"
The girls LOVE camping.
They spent the weekend being Dora and Boots.
This was our first time to come here, and we LOVED IT!!! Kent spent the entire weekend impressing us all with his incredible outdoorsman abilities!!! You should have seen him light the camp fire with only a box of matches and two rolls of toilet paper...amazing!
What is camping without fire roasted hot dogs and marshmallows? Our girls do it right!
They loved the small river. It started with throwing rocks.But soon they were wading in it. The water was SO COLD, but it didn't bother those girls one bit. Kent and I stayed out of the water as much as possible. Kendra's "PLEEEASE DADDY" and sweet smile made Kent go in once... which is why he's walking like a little girl in the picture. It was seriously FREEZING!




We all took a nap, every single day.
We woke up one day to Camryn sleeping like this. I guess a book and blanket was better than her sleeping bag on an air mattress.
We are teaching her to read the good ones.







The best part was all the time we got to spend together as a family. Kent makes the best Swiper and Kendra and Camryn got to be really good at saying, "Swiper...No Swiping!"
"OH.....MAN!!!!"

8 comments:

Sage Hanks said...

Kent told Brad the other day that we should all go camping! I agree!!! Let's plan it! I am ready to get out!

Unknown said...

You truly have the cutest little girls (mine included of course ;) It looks like you all had so much fun. Kent seemed like quite the boy scout, applying his manly skills of survival to build his women a fire. Your hilarious, I loved the part with Kent getting in the water and walking like a little girl LOL! I had no idea Camryn was such an advanced little reader and so up to date on all the great gospel literature! What a fun trip and you got such cute pictures! I hope we can all go camping together some time this summer, or go up to the cabin or something I miss you guys!

Jami said...

Wow, that looks like fun. That is saying a lot...I HATE camping. Maybe I would like camping better in Idaho?

The Cook Clan said...

Oh what cutie's!!!! I love camping!!

Taylor and Amanda said...

Loved the pictures! It looks like it was soooo much fun. I wish that your brother wasn't such a wuss about outdoor stuff and we could all go together! I love you!

Kathleen said...

Camryn asked me this morning when we could go camping again.

Kristina said...

So cute! And it looks so fun! There is nothing better than campfire roasted hot dogs and marshmallows :)

Laura said...

How fun to go camping as a new family!!!! We really need to get out and camp before the summer's over. I love Camryn sleeping on The Miracle of Forgiveness. haha. That's awesome. :)