Tuesday, July 14, 2009

US GIRLS

I finally got a day off work. I have been working a lot lately, to cover other's vacation. Kent has been wonderful to help me out a ton, with laundry and dishes and stuff. I still fall behind on things though.



Well, today I finally got a day off. I had to prioritize the things I wanted to get done.
Number 1 on my list: SPEND TIME WITH MY GIRLS.
We started the day with pancakes. I made the girls heart shaped pancakes. Kent started this pancake thing. He can make Mickey Mouse pancakes, heart shaped pancakes that say "I love you," and such fancy things. Sadly, he had to work today, so we had to make due with my simple heart pancakes.
Later, we planned a picnic. I let the girls make their own PB&Js. This was their first time, and they did GREAT!
Then we loaded up and walked to the park.
We also brought veggies and Hidden Valley Ranch! Okay, it was really Kraft, but don't tell Camryn.

Then the girls played.

We brought the dogs along. Camryn started running with Tobi on a leash. All the little kids there LOVED little Tobi. They got quite a following.

After we got home and quiet time was over, the girls wanted to put on their princess dresses. We went downstairs and put on Enya and danced like ballerinas. It's a good thing I can't take a picture of myself dancing with the girls. The girls look so much cuter doing it.

These are some of the times I want to remember. The simple times we take time to spend time together.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great day!!

Ashley said...

What a fun day! You're totally right, life is all about the simple times together! About a month ago, Grant and I spent the day bumming around the house and he taught me a card game that we played for a couple of hours. It was the BEST!

Kristina said...

How cute! And how special that you got to spend such a wonderful day with your cute girls :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting, they look older than the last time I've seen them. I miss little miss Camryn and Kendra!!! It's really the simple moments that are the best and that you want to remember forever. That Kraft comment was hilarious! Did it still makes everything taste better? Oh and I gotta see this pancake thing!

The Cook Clan said...

Fun!!! You should come with us to the lunch at the school sometime.

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

What a fun day! I need to do way more of that with my kids. But summer is way too hot to go to the park! (Doesn't that sound silly?)

Jami said...

we are coming up to the reunion..I can't wait to hang out!