Friday, July 10, 2009

How you know your kids are watching WAY too much TV!!!

I recently installed t.v. at our house after Kathleen and the girls had gone without it for two years. I installed the DVR from DISH Network thinking we could record kids shows and let them watch the "educational" ones. Good idea right??

Well... when you set kids up for education, you never know what they're going to learn. While coloring, Camryn said, "Mommy, when are we going to get Hidden Valley Ranch?" After we caught our breath... I asked her what Hidden Valley Ranch was. She said, "Something that makes things taste yummy."

Who knew? I guess she's learning just as much from the commercials as she is from Dora.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

lol Kids say the DARNDEST things!

The Cook Clan said...

So funny!!! I just love those cute girlies!

Danielle said...

Hey Kent, glad you to see you posting. So, can us family folk that haven't met you yet hold a question and answer session? Pretty please. :P

(Getting to know you... getting to know all about you!!)

Kent said...

Actually... that was going to be the subject of my next post.

We'll be holding a "silent" auction for the priviledge of asking me questions.

Just submit your bids in the comments section and i'll delete the amount as soon as i've driven up the price to a predetermined cut-off point.

Unknown said...

That is so hilarious, you have to be careful with Camryn around. She will repeat anything you say, I love hearing her sing the songs she hears on the radio, that girl has a mind like a trap!
Kent that is awesome that you did a post!!! Oh and didn't you know that when you married Kathleen we have free reign to grill you with as many questions as we can muster up (you should have read the fine print)

Danielle said...

Can I start the bidding at 50 cents?

My max is about a dollar, fyi. I mean, I'd like to get to you know you. But now that bad. :P

Kent said...

okay, ask away! Remember: You owe me a dollar!

Kathleen said...

Maybe we can find him a good tag. Or I can do a "Getting to know Kent, at least from my perspective" post.