Sunday, September 27, 2009

Camryn turns 5

My big girl, Camryn, had her 5th birthday earlier this month. This post is all about her, my sweet girl at the age of 5.

She still loves many of the things she has loved for years, like music. She loves to sing. She also loves the radio. She can pick up songs she has only heard once or twice and sing them. This means we have to be extra careful when the radio is on, because there is a good chance she will sing it.

She still loves horses. She has several toy horses. She has also found a fascination with snakes. When we went to a reunion, someone caught a snake, and she followed that person around as much as we let her. She really loves just about any animal though.

She is really into "super heroes," and she loves action movies. Any action movie she gets the chance to watch, she loves. Iron Man was a favorite of hers for awhile. Right now, she loves Transformers. We don't let her watch them much. I think she has only seen Transformers twice, but that is enough. She loves Optimus Prime and talks about him as a super hero.

One of her favorite TV shows is Diego. He is an animal rescuer. That puts two of her loves together.

She does still like some girly things too. She has barbies and ponies. She loves lipgloss and getting her nails painted.

She is very outgoing. Anywhere we go, she will find a friend.

I can't believe how big she is getting, and how much she has matured over this past year.
She missed the deadline to start kindergarten this year by 6 days. We have recently started working with her more at home. She now has "homework" from her school/daycare and we work on some other stuff too. The main thing we recently have been working on is writing her name. We let her trace it, and practice just writing too. This is one of her practice sheets. At this point, she had only a couple weeks practice. She actually likes doing "homework." Hopefully this will last.


At this point, she also like to help me clean. I had to get this on tape.



She also like to help vacuum (I got her a little hand-held), mop, and dust. The only thing she seems to dislike is putting away toys. She says that makes her tired. Yes, she got more than just the dishes wet in that video.

Birthday Pics

We got her a horse and cowgirl. The horse makes horse sounds. She loves it!

We had a birthday party at a later date. That will be another post.

Words can't express how much I love my Camryn. She is my big girl. She has such a special spirit. I am so blessed to be her mommy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN!!!
Mom told me how cute the girls party was, I am so sad I missed it! I have been checking your blog everyday to see it, I will just get to enjoy more posts until then.
I LOVED reading this post, Camryn is the cutest little girl... not so little anymore. I can't believe how well she is already doing on her name, she has always been overly smart. She really does sing songs all the time, she has the sweetest little voice. The video was great, she "LOVES" doing the dishes and helping mommy. I just love Camryn, this post made me miss her!

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday Camryn! Cute post about a cute girl. We can't wait to read more of your catch-up posts :)

The Cook Clan said...

Oh Happy Birthday big girl! Sorry we weren't here to celebrate with you! Your girlies are so cute!

Ashley said...

Such a big girl! And hey, let's milk that volunteer dish duty for all it's worth, I say. :)

Marsha said...

Camryn is such a big girl, and is so fun to be around. Taking her and Kendra camping was so much fun (the night before their birthday party). Camryn's imagination is amazing. In the creek, the big rock we were sitting on was ACTUALLY a boat taking us to Disneyland. I love your girls. Just like I do you!