Wednesday, September 30, 2009

At the Cabin with My Amazing Family

I'm sorry I brag about my family so much, but I can't help that I have an amazing family.


Earlier this month, we got to go the cabin in Wolverine with my family. We had so much fun! Here's some of the stuff we did:
Paintballing

Most of my family loves paintballing. We were all going to go, but we decided Nicole and I might be too clumsy right now to go running through the forest. Our babies come first. So the girls decided to make our own fun while the boys got ready to go.


What a handsome crew.




They paintballed for hours.




While they were gone, us ladies decided to go for a walk. At the last minute, Nicole and Amanda decided to stay home. So My mom, Mickell, Sara, and I went for a walk.
Bridal Shower


Now, these two ladies........when they decided to stay behind I should have know something was up. They got ready for a bridal shower, complete with a fondue party. Amanda made some AMAZING spinach artichoke dip. All the food they made was WONDERFUL!


Here we are, complete with our "bling."

Yes, this shower was for me. Yes, I got married back in May. My sweet sister, Nicole, called me awhile ago. She felt so bad that she didn't throw me a shower. Uhmm...Kent and I kinda ran off to Costa Rica without much notice. That makes it kinda hard to plan for a shower. You are the sweetest sister ever. I love you Nicole.
I love all these ladies. I have the best Mom and the best sisters EVER!
Anyway, we had a late celebration, and it was worth the wait.
They did the "how well do you know your fiance/husband game." For each question wrong I had to put a marshmallow in my mouth. I started out doing really good, but they got me in the end.
It was so fun! I love you guys! Thanks Nicole and Amanda!!!
The Swing
Up at this cabin, there is a zip-line swing. We hiked up to it, but we didn't have a key to unlock it. It was a nice short hike though, and we got some fun pictures up there.

Bailey and Tobi came along. Poor Bailey is getting old, and barely made it up the steep mountain. She rested when we got there.

These two love each other.


Amanda's Birthday
We also celebrated Amanda's birthday. We love her so much! Thanks Taylor, for marrying such an amazing lady!

Mafia

So, you may think we're a bunch of dorks, but we love to sit around the campfire and play mafia.

I will add that Amanda and I were the only mafia team to win our game. We had so much fun. I think we all love this game.

We were sad that Camryn and Kendra couldn't come too. We all missed them.

Kent and I had to leave Saturday night. We only got to stay one night, but it was worth the drive.

We are so lucky to be a part of this family!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So much fun!

Unknown said...

I love you so much Kathleen, you are the sweetest person! Thanks for being so easy to please and so incredibly easy to love!
Next year we will have to get in on the paintball action, we should all go for Kent (some sort of prolonged initiation into the family). We really do have such studly men in our family, I liked the pictures of them in their camo.
... and YES you and Amanda are the queens of Mofia, mom and I on the other hand have to win the prize for worse Mofia members ever!

The Cook Clan said...

What a fun time! I love going into the mountains and hanging out with fam! So what is this mafia game? I must be a dork cuz I've never heard of it.