Monday, September 7, 2009

Husband Tag

Kent
from my point of view

5 THINGS HE LOVES

1. Talking politics. He is conservative and loves Glenn Beck.

2. Fast cars. Right now, he has a Honda S2000. When I met him, this picture was labeled "my baby" on his profile.

He is actually selling it to better our financial situation so he can go back to school in January. I guess other things have moved up to "my baby" status in his life. I did have to promise that, in the future, he could save up for another sports car. The girls love rides in his "car with the convertible top" just as much I think.

3. Camping and fly fishing, which is great because we all love camping and Camryn loves fishing.

4. Flipping houses. I don't know if he loves it, or if he's just really good at it. It has made him quite a bit of money in the past. He hasn't been doing it since the market crashed, but he's too busy fixing up our house right now anyway.

5. Last, and most important, his family. Us three girls and the baby on the way. He does so much for us. Service is most definitely his love language. He is always working so hard for us. I also am amazed at well he has taken on the roll of being a dad. He is AMAZING and we are all so lucky to have him.

5 THINGS ON HIS TO DO LIST

1. Finnish school. He has gone a few times, with a few different majors. Seeing my career, he has decided to go into pharmacy. He will start going full time in January.

2. Get this house fixed up. This is a HUGE one. He is working on it all the time. Recent projects:
-New addition laundry room. It looks AMAZING. All he has left in there is trim. I will post pictures as soon as it is done. Here is a peek at the tile. -French doors in our master bedroom, as well as a walk-in closet. The master bath is on the to-do-list.
-Replaced our old boiler with a central heating and ac system. He actually hired this out, but it is such a huge improvement that I had to mention it.
-He is preparing for new siding right now, which is planned for the end of this month.

This is some of the big stuff, but he is fixing up little things all the time. A complete list would get way to boring.

3. Get out of debt, completely. He was practically debt free when I met him. Now we are working on all my crap from my previous marriage. He likes to listen to Dave Ramsey, who says, "the paid-off mortgage has replaced the BMW as the status symbol of America." He is very budget oriented and very frugal.

4. Travel. We really would both love to travel as much as possible.

5. Take me through the temple. This is a big goal of both of ours. We are working/hoping for this spring. We really want to take the girls too, hopefully someday we can make that happen.

5 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT HIM

1. He was a dancer. This started with the high school dance team. He says the teacher kept coming to wresting practice and trying to get him to join her team. She asked him to come in one time, then she would leave him alone. So he went in. Once he saw all the pretty girls and that he was going to be doing lifts and stuff, he signed up. This later lead to a job as a German dancer at Busch Gardens. I think he was also on the dance team at BYU. Too bad I don't have any digital pictures for you =(

2. He served in the Army. I think for about 2 1/2 years, maybe 3. He helped develop a missal program.

3. He is a planner. This works well, because I am a planner too.

4. He is a big movie buff. Our date nights usually involve a movie. I will also add his two favorite actresses: Rachel McAdams (The Notebook, The Traveler's Wife) and Charlise Theron (sp?) (The Italian Job, Hancock). He has seen every single movie either one of them was in, and owns most of the one's Rachel McAdams was in.

5. He is a BIG tease. If you have met him, you already know this. For those of you that have not, but may meet him in the future, beware. You cannot believe everything he says. As he and my dad both say, "It's all about the reaction."

5 QUIRKY THINGS

1. He has a toy poodle, that is now ours. I put this under quirky, because you see this broad shouldered, muscular guy, you wouldn't guess he owned a toy poodle. I was told he dog sat two toy poodles for a friend for quite a few months, and he fell in love with the dogs. After they went home, he missed them and went and got one of his own.

2. He hates tomatoes. This, I do not understand. I love tomatoes. It grosses him out to see me eat one like an apple.

3. He likes to shop. He's not absolutely crazy about it, but he does enjoy it. He actually waits outside the dressing room and gives me feedback about clothes, and he actually seems to enjoy doing it. He likes to shop for himself too, but it seems easier for him to spend money on me than on himself. I love shopping with him.

4. He doesn't have the best sense of smell. Sometimes I am surprised when he says he can't smell something. If I listen to him breath through his nose, I think he needs sinus surgery.

5. You know those flushable wet wipes? We have a container in each bathroom. He explains, if you got poop on your arm, you wouldn't just wipe it off with toilet paper, you would wash it off. He has converted our whole house. They really do work better than dry toilet paper alone.


I love him, more than I can express. I am so happy to be his wife.

I am not going to tag 5 people, but do it if you want to, or if you need somethig to blog about, or if you just want to share how wonderful your hubby is, do this tag.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey, this is even better than a Q&A session with Kent. So I guess I don't owe him that dollar anymore. Thanks for sharing-- I'm happy to get to know him better.

And just FYI, I've never gotten poop on my arm. Well, at least my own poop. I've had plenty of encounters with kid poop. But then you just need a good hose-down after that anyway.

Sage Hanks said...

Cute!!! He is a tease this i know! YOur house is amazing. He is great and I love how happy you are! The poop thing... I've learned this since Morg has been potty trained. We now have flushable wipes too! :)

Unknown said...

LOL, what a great response to end on!!! That would be so Kent to say something like that! I love the post, it describes Kent so well. I can't believe all the work he does on you house, I seriously NEED to get up there and see it! You can see why he gets along so well with everyone, being a tease, loving politics (like mom and Taylor), loves fishing and camping (like Travis), always has projects like dad, and absolutely adores his girls!!!
Thanks for doing the tag, I LOVE IT!

The Cook Clan said...

What a sweet post!!!

Catherine said...

Love it. I learned a lot. What a great guy!!!

The Turnarounds said...

What a fun and funny guy. Now that I know about flushable wipes I will be getting a package for my husband. It will make his day.
I bet Kent has a lot he would like to say about our new President, yeah me too. I love seeing you so happy!

Unknown said...

Awesome! We love, love, love Dave Ramsey as well, and are really trying to live "the plan". I'm so glad you guys are happy!