Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Fun

Kindergerten Field Trip

On Wednesday, I got to go help with the Kindergarten field trip to the Corn Maze.

These four girls were in my group. We explored the maze together (we started with four and ended with six). Camryn and her best friend, Elsie, are in the middle.

We crossed paths with this group.

The girls started to get worried that we would never find our way out, but we finally did. At the end we enjoyed hot chocolate.


Camryn tripped and spilled it all over her pants, and all over another boy's coat.
They kindly gave her some more that she was able to drink.
.

.

.

.

.



Mrs. Jacobson's Class.
Camryn is under the sign right next to Mrs. Jacobson.

We walked to the maze, through the maze, and back to school. The kids were worn out by the end, especially Elsie. She kept trying to stop and lay down. We all made it though. It was a fun trip!


School Halloween Party

I also got to go help with the Halloween Party on Friday. I put on a witch costume to enjoy the festivities.
Mrs. Jacobson dressed up as Wilma. Isn't she adorable?
We have really gotten to like her as a teacher. She is great and we are so happy that Camryn is in her class.

At the party, the kids each got a small pumpkin. There were five stations, and the kids did something different with their pumpkin at each station. At my station, they weighed their pumpkin (and weighed themselves) and stacked unifix cubes to see how tall their pumpkin was. At one station they got to decorate their pumpkins.

The kids got to do the traditional Halloween parade through the other classrooms.

.

.

.

.

.




The also got to eat cupcakes.

That has got to be one scared cupcake.


Class Picture
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Pumpkin Carving
Kent helped the girls pick out a pattern to carve on their pumpkins. There was a feline theme to our Halloween this year. Both girls picked cat patterns.

Kent helped Camryn, but he let her do a lot of the carving herself.




I helped Kendra. Hers had a bit more detail.










Finished product!
.

.

.

.

.


Oh, I forgot to explain the fact that we carved green pumpkins. These are special pumpkins.
We grew these pumpkins. They were the only two pumpkins we got out of our pumpkin plant we planted in the spring. They are green, but they are beautiful!

Instead of carving a pumpkin, Corinne dressed like one.

Ward Halloween Party
On Friday evening, we all got ready for the ward Halloween Party. We had two leopards and one ladybug.



Watch out, or they're gonna eat you up!



This little one just needs to be eaten up!
There was dinner, games, and trick-or-treating to decorated classroom doors.
Each of the kids lined up on stage to announce what they dressed up as.
We have the cutest girls, we know.
We also got to take the kids trick-or-treating door to door. The girls got TONS of candy. Then we went home and had hot chocolate. It was a fun Halloween.
We hope everyone had a
Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, you really do have the cutest girls (well mine included too :)!!! I love the little leopards and the little ladybug (I love how you did their whiskers and eyes)! You made a great witch too Kathleen! That is so awesome that you were able to go help on the field trip and help with the Halloween party, I can't wait to be able to that some day with my girls! I may be a little bias but seriously you have got the cutest little girl in that whole school! I want to kiss those ladybug cheeks soooo bad! I can't wait to see you guys (oh and I'm going to need to recruit you to help with the cake, I NEED your expertise).

I may rethink my genius plan to get rich by planting a pumpkin patch (especially seeing as how I've never even tried to grow anything at all)

Marsha said...

What a fun Halloween! Your girls all looked so adorable. You know that first picture of you as a witch, I didn't recognize that it was you 'till I read your words!
That was wonderful that you could be there to help with the corn maze AND the Halloween party. What a great memory for Camryn.
Everything looked like so much fun!

Tim and Laura Allen said...

How fun! I just saw the birthday post for the first time. Lilly is still talking about the fun box she got to decorate. She had a ball.