Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kendra at 4 Years Old

I asked Kendra the following questions:


What is your favorite food? "Macaroni and cheese."


What is your favorite color? "Purple and pink."


What is your favorite thing to do? "Play with mommy and daddy and my sissy and Corinne."


What is your favorite toy? "Uni ...and my house."


Uni is this little unicorn (sometimes her name is Peggy, because she is also a Pegasus).
Kendra got some money from her Grandma Lincoln for her birthday. Uni was one of the toys she picked. She also picked a clubhouse for her Littlest Petshop toys. That was her other favorite toy.
What is your favorite animal? "horses, dogs, sheeps, cows, and pigs, and...lets see...roosters."

Thinking out loud, I said, "What else can we ask?"

Kendra said, "Please can we have some pop, and juice, and water, and milk?"

I think I gave her a funny look, because she said, "Really mom, I like them all."

.

Kendra loves being a big sister. The other morning Kendra calls to me, "Mom, I am trying to play with Corinne, but she just keeps sucking on the barbies." I walked out to see this.

Kendra was playing with Corinne.
Sure enough...
Kendra has always been my sweet girl. I love her big blue eyes, they melt my heart. She has a great imagination. She is kind and loving.
She is starting to stand up for herself more too. Camryn used to be able to manipulate Kendra to do just about anything. Things like giving Camryn the best toys, or doing what Camryn wanted to do. Now I hear Kendra telling Camryn no. Kendra's babysitter says Kendra doesn't let the other kids boss her around either (I guess one little girl is used to being the boss, but Kendra won't have it).
Signs my sweetheart is growing up.
I sure love you Kendra. I'm so glad you're mine.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I totally agree. I'm so glad that she's yours, and that makes her mine also.
Kendra is one that is totally loveable, such a tender, sweet girl. We love her so much!

The Cook Clan said...

Such a cutie! Thanks so much for inviting us to the party. Mckenna talked about it all day and had sooooo much fun!

P.S. pics turned out super cute!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love that girl!!! That part about Kendra playing with Corinne made me laugh (I love Corinne's face in)! I see more and more of Kendra's personality every time I see her, I'm so glad she sticks up for herself now and knowing how sweet she is she will be one that sticks up for others too. Happy birthday my beautiful niece, we love you sooo much!!!!