Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random Updates

I haven't posted for a long time, so I figured I'd go back through our pictures and post a bit about recent stuff going on at our house.

Camryn's school pictures
Camryn is loving Kindergarten and is doing amazing. She now reads us bedtime stories every night.

Her school has "Spirit Friday" when you are supposed to wear school colors. Their colors are red, white, and blue. They are the Harrison Huskies! The school sells red, white, and blue tie dye t-shirts. We thought we could do a little better than a tie-dye shirt with our money. We bought two blue polo's and embroidered a logo on them. I also made some matching hair bows.

Doesn't she look good! She loves her shirts!
__________________________________

My mom tells me that I used to love to play with and suck on my toes when I was a baby. I tried, without luck, to find my picture of it. Anyway, although my daughter might not look much like me, part of me is in there somewhere.
I'm such a proud mommy!

_________________________________

Kent made this delicious apple pie. Proof that he can bake, and actually does it very well. Just don't hold your breath for it to happen again.
It was so yummy!!! It didn't last long!!!

__________________________________________

We made a trip down to Utah to Travis and Nicole's house for Kaydence's 3rd Birthday Party!

These are two of the sweetest things! Even more so when we get them together.
BFF


The men took the kids to the Rec Center while Nicole and I got ready for the party.
Check out my little rock climber. They said she got pretty high up.
They got back just in time for the party.

Nicole went all out. She made tutus and capes for the kids. We played games, made bracelets, and decorated crowns. It was a lot of fun.
Kendra can barely contain her excitement!
Nicole asked for my help making a castle cake. She had the idea to have the kids decorate ice cream cones at the party for the castle.
THE FINAL RESULT

Later on.....
We had such a good time. We did a little shopping, hung out and watched movies, and ate lots of good food. Nicole and Travis are wonderful hosts. We can't wait to come again.
________________________________________


For Thanksgiving, we went to my mom and dad's house again. Jonathan and Jessica and Nicole and her family also came.
The girls got together again. We get a break at parenting at mom and dad's house. We barely see our kids. They have a room full of fun girl stuff--dresses, and doll houses, and toys.

Mom let the girls paint. Notice the outfits. I think our kids wore real clothes twice over the whole 4 day weekend, once coming in the door when we got there and once going out the door on the way home.
Thanks Mom, for being such a wonderful grandma

...and such a wonderful cook. Mom put on a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.



Later that night, we got out mom and dad's snow machine.


It was a BLAST
...of cold air in your face. We had a ton of fun.
A bunch of us did Black Friday, and got tons of deals. Kent, Dad, Dane, Nicole, and even Travis were shopping in the middle of the night. They did well. I had to work Friday morning, so I missed the ...fun.
_________________________________
We are enjoying the Christmas Season and hope you are too!!!
Disclaimer: many of these pictures were stolen from Nicole's blog. I have not been very good at taking pictures lately. That is part of my mom in me (I love you mom=))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!! That last line made me laugh! It is so true, when we get the kids together at moms house it is a break from parenting because they are just playing playing playing! Grandma's house is the BEST! I LOVE how we've gotten to see you so much lately and we'll get to see you again in a few weeks, we can't get enough!
I cannot get over how much Camryn looks like you in her school picture! WOW! Those shirts and bows are look awesome, she is sure to be the cutest coolest Husky EVER (the school mascot was a Husky right?!?!).

marsha7144@q.com said...

I love you too, Kathleen! When I asked Dad if we might consider getting a new camera for Christmas, his wise comment was that maybe we should start taking more pictures first.
Camryn is certainy growing fast, what a gorgeous picture of her. And I love the shirts and bows. You could make good money with your creative skills.
And Corrine with those toes in her mouth brought back wonderful memories.
I love having all of you home. Those grandaughters are full of so much fun and adventure! Makes me tired just watching their energy! Can't wait to see all of you at Christmas!