Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Birthday

I had such a great birthday. My family was so sweet to me all day long. Sweet words and hugs and texts go a long way with me.
It was a regular school day for Kent and Camryn. I had work off and took it easy with Kendra and Corinne. After school, Kent came home with Cafe Rio (yummy!!!) and this super chocolaty cake.It is from Costco and supposedly weighs over 7 lbs. If you are a chocolate lover and haven't tried this cake, you must. Just be sure to have a gallon of milk on hand.

Kent helped Camryn and Kendra buy me a new purse and some beads for watch bands. He told me he had to work really hard to persuade Camryn away from the purse that was covered in lots of tiny little mirrors. She was sure I would like that shimmery one best. She finally begrudgingly agreed to this one. I love it!
Kendra picked out some nice blue beads, and Camryn picked some pink heart beads. They also got me some silver beads to go along with them. I can't wait to make something with them.

Kent also got me a sapphire ring. I told him awhile ago that I have always wanted one.
My new sapphire ring along with my wedding ring. I love them both so much!

So now I am 30. Perception of age is definitely relative.

Thanks to my family for making my birthday so wonderful!

3 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

What a great bday! Okay you shouldn't have told me about that cake. Now I wanna go get me one!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen, I was thinking about you all day yesterday. You are so special to me, I am so grateful that I have you as an amazing friends and sister. You have been such an amazing example of kindness, understanding, and just plain goodness through and through (I don't think you have one pessimistic or bad bone in your body)!!! I love you so much!
P.S.
You'll always be 29 to me ;)

Julie w said...

You would've rocked that tiny mirror purse Kathleen.

Happy birhtday!