Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Boys

We have girls, beautiful girls. Kent and I have always known that this means that someday, we are going to have deal with boys. Still these experiences always seem unexpected.

I have already shared about Camryn's BFF, then how he later wanted to be her boyfriend. Well, apparently moving up to first grade also meant moving on. Camryn says that Brayden went "koo koo," which I think meant crazy. She said he was always acting weird. I tried to explain to her that it was probably just how he acted because he liked her, but she had just lost interest in Brayden. Camryn did want to have a boyfriend this year though. We shared quite a few talks about this. We talked about what it meant to her have a boyfriend and such. She didn't have a particular boy in mind, she just wanted a boyfriend like one of her friends had. Camryn is a very smart girl, and agreed that she didn't need a boyfriend right now, though she admitted that part of her still wanted one. She would just be friends with the boys at school. So I thought we were going to make it through another year without too much boy trouble.

But the unexpected happened, and it wasn't Camryn.

Kendra got her first kiss.

Kendra and Corinne both got really close with the family that watched them while we were at work and school, really close. This is a picture from Easter when our kids joined them for an Easter egg hunt. Ian is in the white on the left and Noah is in yellow in the middle.
We noticed that Kendra and Noah played really well together and really seemed to like each other. Well, one day they were playing house in the backyard, and apparently Noah gave Kendra a kiss. Ian ran and told on them.

The next day, we went out to eat pizza with their family. Kent kept trying to give Noah a hard time about it. Noah was so embarrassed. Poor boy. I guess that will teach him not to kiss one of our girls.

So we are now living in Pocatello, and a new boy seems to have a crush on Kendra. As I said, Kent I expected boy trouble. I just hope we can make it through the next 16 years. Please pray for us.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

With those gorgeous girls, you certainly do need our prayers. And you have mine every day. I love how you write. It made me lol. Your girls are so blessed to have parents that talk to them like you do.

Unknown said...

LOL! I am so glad you have all this recorded!!! That is so funny, you really will have your hands full with such gorgeous girls but seriously who would have thought the boys would come running so soon! I love all the pictures of Connor, he is such a handsome little man! His hair is getting so long too! I miss you guys I really hope we get to see you soon, it sounds like you guys are staying so busy! Hopefully the next time we come up that way you guys will have work off and the girls will be there so we can do something again! Love you ALL so much!!!