Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, it is so much more fun to watch someone tear into, especially my little girls.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I don't feel bad about taking it down and throwing it away. Less mess. I miss the scent of a real tree, but artificial scents are getting close.
3. When do you put up the tree? Early, this year I actually put it up a couple days before Thanksgiving. I LOVE decorating my tree.
4. Do you like eggnog? I probably like it too much. That rich, creamy goodness, yummy. I make an eggnog cheesecake that is hard to resist too.
5. Favorite Christmas gift received as a child? When I was in 4th grade I got a cherry red bicycle and my first porcelain doll. I still have the doll. Who knows what happened to the bike?
6. Hardest person to buy for? Dad. He is pretty simple in his wants, and has most of it. He always wants almond rocha, but my mom usually takes care of that. My brothers and sisters have started going together on a bigger, nicer gift for both of my parents, which makes it easier.
7. Easiest person to buy for? My girls, they want everything, though nothing specific.
8. Do you have a nativity scene? I bought my first set about 9 years ago. It is a ceramic set I planned on painting. It is still wrapped in newspaper in a box in my basement, unpainted.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, though I seem to be late getting them out each year....that reminds me, I still need to...
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Have you ever heard of people recycling wedding gifts? Well, one year at Christmas we got back a gift that we had given as a wedding gift the previous summer.
11. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life
12. When do you start shopping? Usually November
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I know how I felt getting a recycled gift, both as the original giver and receiver (at the same time).
14. Favorite thing to eat a Christmas? eggnog
15. Lights on the tree? Lots and lots of white lights
16. Favorite Christmas song? I have lots, but O Holy Night gives me goosebumps.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Either, it's all about being with those you love.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course I can sing them, but I don't think I can spell them.
19. Angel or Star on the tree top? I've done both, but I like a star better.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? One present Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning after Santa comes.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercialization of Christmas.
22. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Umm...nothing particular.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? To relax and spend the day with those I love, and food storage.

4 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

That was fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Aleece said...

I, I on the commercialization of Christmas. No doubt.

Catherine said...

that is too funny that you got a gift back that you had given away for a wedding. gotta love it.

Unknown said...

I remember that Christmas when you got your first porcelain doll and your bike, I started wanting porcelain dolls after that! You can tell what an amazing homemaker you are from this tag, I love it!