Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow

Some may have heard me complain about cold winters here in Idaho. I need to clarify a bit. I love the snow. I love a beautiful blanket of white. I love the brisk cold air. I love to play in the snow. The problem is that it snows, but the freshly fallen snow does not last. Most of the winter does not seem white, but instead seems brown, wet, cold, and windy. This I do not like.

Well, we have been lucky. It has snowed a lot this week. This is a view of some trees in our backyard from my girls bedroom window (it shows about half of our backyard). I love the white blanket of snow. It is so refreshing and beautiful.

As pretty as it is, we could not leave that snow undisturbed. Out came all of our cold weather gear.

Ryan and Camryn made a snow castle. When they were done playing in the snow, they wanted a Blizzard.

I would have thought hot chocolate, but I didn't argue. We just had both.

Snow is here. We are going to enjoy it while it lasts.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, that is a pretty impressive snow castle! Merry Christmas, Kathleen!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, that castle looks so cool!!! We hope you have a very Merry Christmas

Hanging out with the Riley's said...

Your blog is so cute! Good to see you again. Love the pictures of your girls dancing while you play the piano. Thanks for finding me on Face Book. Talk to you soon!

Kristina said...

I don't like snow, but kids always seem to like it no matter what. It is great that your girls can have so much fun. I guess snow is good for something other than making your feet cold and wet :P

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

Looks like a ton of fun I love the snow myself! Hope you and your girls have a Merry Christmas.

The Turnarounds said...

Wow, you guys sure do know how to have fun in the snow! You are such a GREAT MOM and a SUPERWOMAN at that!!!! I'm still waiting for the how to tips. ;)