Thursday, December 11, 2008

Music at our house

I will tell you a little something about me. I love piano music. I have always wanted to know how to play, but never learned. I wanted to take lessons, but never did. I remember telling myself a few years ago that if I had not yet taken lessons, I would take them with my kids.
Lately, I have been feeling like Camryn is ready to get involved in something. I have gone back and forth between dance and music. She loves both. I have been leaning toward music. So I started looking for a piano. I found one, on craigslist.

Check out our new piano! It is an old 1930s beauty.
How much do you think a piano like this would cost?
I admit I don't know much about it, but I sure thought $100 sounded like a steal. The left pedal has come off and is inside the bench. Other than that it works beautifully.
I tried to take a picture with my girls in front of the piano with the keys closed. As you can see, my girls don't always like each other and didn't want a picture.

So now, Camryn and I are going to take piano lessons. Wish us luck in this endeavor.







My girls love music and dancing. One would try to play the piano while the other danced.













My girls!
I sure love 'em.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

lol! I LOVE the look on Kendra's face in this second photo with the crossed arms! Priceless!

Unknown said...

I have the cutest nieces in the world! The are too cute in those tutu's being ballerinas! Mom told me about that awesome deal you got on the piano, I am so jealous! I have always wanted to play too, it is never to late to learn a new skill!

tenille said...

Wow - that piano is awesome! Congrats on your new purchase! Your girls are so cute, I think it's fun that they get to dress up just to hang out at home and be silly. You are such an amazing mom, Kathleen. :) Miss you lots.

The Cook Clan said...

So cool! That piano is beautiful!!! I'm jealous, I wish I shill had my piano.

Angie said...

Way to bargain shop, Kathleen! I am proud of you! Your little ballerinas are so beautiful!

The Turnarounds said...

Oh My Heavens, How Cute are Your Girls!!!! And wow, that sounds like a steal to me too. You are encouraging me to do the same thing. I too had a goal to learn to play the piano. I too have juggled back and forth between music and dance. They love to dance and music too.
Let me know how it works taking lessons with a 4 year old daughter.... if all goes well I might have to follow.

Heather Aleece said...

I, as well have the Piano dream. Your girls are such GIRLS, I love it. Kendra looks like she is really growing fast!

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

Best of luck. I've been saying I was going to resume piano lessons for a long time now. Maybe when Kennedy starts school.

Jami said...

That piano is AMAZING...I am not even kidding. I am green with envy! it is beautiful beyond words that I can say. That was STEAL.
WOW, I can't wait to hear progress.

Catherine said...

oooh and ahhhh. love that piano. I want it for my photography:)