Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

Especially this time of year, I like to reflect on the things I am thankful for.

  • I am thankful for my family, my parents and brothers and sisters. They are amazing. Their love and prayers and support have helped me so much over the past few years. I love that we have a close family, that we love to be around each other so much and get to do so many fun things together. I am thankful for the example they have been to me and the way they have loved me through it all.
  • I am thankful for the gospel and a loving Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the healing power of the atonement.
  • I am thankful for my children, Camryn and Kendra. They are so special to me. Words cannot describe how much they mean to me. I am grateful we are going to be having another sweet little girl this spring. I have some of the sweetest spirits in my home. I am so thankful to be their mother.
  • I am thankful for my husband, Kent. He is more than perfect for me. He loves me and accepts me with all my strengths and weaknesses. He works so hard, is so disciplined and dedicated. He is an amazing father. He does so much for us. I think I will always feel indebted to him, like I could never do enough to show him how I appreciate and love him. I love him more than I can express.

These are the most important things to me in my life. Because of these things, I feel so blessed--rich beyond measure.

I asked Camryn what she is thankful for. This was her reply (in her words as close as I could type):

  • I'm thankful for my toys
  • I'm thankful for the dogs, Annie, Tobi, and Bailey
  • I'm thankful for my house
  • I'm thankful for my mommy
  • I'm thankful for my daddy
  • I'm thankful for my sister
  • I'm thankful that mommy's pregnant. I'm thankful for Corinne.
  • I'm thankful for everything

Here is Kendra's reply:

  • I'm thankful for Annie, and my sissy, and Tobi, and Bailey, and Corinne, and my mamma, and the computer, and daddy, and my toys.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you. You are so sincere and loving in all that you do and I am so incredibly grateful to be your sister. I have to agree that you have been blessed with some amazing gifts, your beautiful little girls and your amazing husband. There is such a special spirit I feel when I express my gratitude and hear others express their heartfelt gratitude, especially reading yours and your girls. Thank you so much for sharing.

Taylor and Amanda said...

Hey! How are you? How's the baby doing? We miss you guys sooo much and love you. I cried when I read your post because I miss you guys so much. We're coming home the second week of January, so if you have a chance to get any days off, I would LOVE IT! Thanks for being such a great sister and friend. You're amazing!

Marsha said...

You need to know how you bless others so richly and how grateful I am to be your mother.
Thank YOU for your great example. You are one of my great blessings.