Thursday, March 4, 2010

Projects

Bird Feeders
Camryn and Kendra, like most children, love anything to do with animals. Camryn has been wanting to hang a bird house in our backyard for awhile now. I came across an idea for bird feeders that kids can make and I thought the girls would love it.


First the girls spread peanut butter all over pine cones.


Then they cut shapes out of bread with cookie cutters and I made a small hole in the shapes to string through later. Then the girls spread peanut butter on the bread pieces.


After that, the girls rolled their peanut butter pine cones and bread in bird seed.


We had to let the bread dry, but then we were able to string everything together.


We hung them from a tree outside the girls bedroom window, so they can look out and see the birds enjoying their treat.
Master Bathroom
A much bigger project at our house has been our master bathroom. Kent has been working like mad to get it done before the baby comes. Last weekend he was up grouting until after 11:00pm, when he had to get up for work at 4:00am the next morning.
I think he worked himself CRAZY.
He got everything pretty much done last weekend. We still have some finishing touches and a lot of cleaning to do in there. When it is all put together, I'll post more pictures.
So we are ready for the baby. She seems to be pretty comfortable where she is though. Both Camryn and Kendra were born by now. She is showing her individuality already.

3 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

What a fun idea! The bathroom is coming together great! I can't wait to meet little Miss!

Julie w said...

Can't wait to see photo's of Corrine and also of the before and after of the bathroom.

Unknown said...

Mom called me yesterday and before she could say anything I was like, "KATHLEEN HAD HER BABY!!" Marley and Corinne are going to be good friends, they are both determined not to come on our time schedules!!! Wow, I can tell that is one gorgeous shower! Kent has got some mad skillz! Eating grout and paint chips would make anyone a little loopy (actually it explains a lot ;) I love that bird feeder idea, I need to get a closer look to see how you strung them!