Sunday, May 2, 2010

Girls' Room

Now that we are up to 3 girls, we finally got around to making a cute girls room. This involved some painting. We let the girls help.
.
.
.
.
Again, I wish we had before pictures. You would think we would have learned after this many projects, but all we have is after pictures.
.
There used to be a door to the backyard in their room. That is now closed off. The old closet was open to the room, ugly, and an inefficient use of space. There is now a new closet with built in shelves and rods. There is also a new built in bookshelf.












The old window was also replaced. The final detail is the vinyl wall decals.












.
.
.
.
.
.
The girls love their new room. Camryn told me today that she never wants to move. She doesn't want to leave this room.

First Garden
Kent thought it would be fun to plant watermelon and pumpkins. Someday we want a large garden and fruit trees, but this is our first start.
He got the girls involved, and is taking the opportunity to teach them about taking care of a garden. They helped him clear the ground and get the dirt ready. Then they had fun planting the seeds.














/
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hopefully we'll get to eat some yummy watermelon and carve our own pumpkins this fall.




Some Random Pictures
Daddy's first hair styling day
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We are so lucky to have 3 beautiful, healthy, lively girls!

4 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Very cute! I love the new room too! Cute decals!

Kristina said...

So Cute! I love it!

Marsha said...

I love the girls' bedroom. The curtains and vinyl decorations really finish it off well. We saw everything else when we visited last.
I was a little stumped when you said Daddy's first hair day, showing pictures of Camryn and Kendra. Okay, I thought, where's Kent, and where's his first hair?
Dummy me. Then I looked at the way the girls' hair was combed and I got it. Really, he did a pretty good job for the first time.

Unknown said...

LOL, mom's comment totally cracked me up! I had to do a double take for a second too, haha.
The room looks SOOO good, you really do need a before picture for anyone to appreciate how far it has come. There was ugly green wallpaper along the top at first too. The whole closet area looks so good, it is so totally transformed!
Kendra looks like she is getting so much older in that first picture. You really do have some gorgeous girls! I love the pictures of Corinne, she is SOOO "berry cute"! I know I make myself laugh