Sunday, September 12, 2010

Arizona Vacation

We left strait from Jonathan's wedding for a 10 day trip to Arizona. The Tenney's invited us to their cabin in Forest Lakes, Arizona. My Aunt Marilyn Tenney is my mom's twin sister. We grew up really close to their family because our moms have always been really close. She and my Uncle Ron are the GREATEST!!! I have so many childhood memories with all the Tenney boys. Anyway, they invited all of our family up to their cabin with their family. It is an absolutely AMAZING cabin.

Here is a crew of us in the kitchen. Starting at left: My cousin Rhett, his wife Sandy, my aunt Marilyn, my cousin Troy, my mom, me, my brother Taylor, my brother-in-law Travis, and Sam is the little one in front. This is a small sample of all that were there.

Our kids had so much fun together. We had my three girls, Nicole's two girls, Rhett's three kids, and Gary's boy. At the cabin, there is a play room FULL of toys, there is a swing set and a tire swing. The kids loved it!
In picture from left: Rhett's kids Sophia, Sam, and Josie, then my Camryn and Kendra.



The Tire Swing





Kendra
.

Nicole

Camryn





.
.
.
.
.
.



Josie









Sam


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here is my AMAZING Aunt Marilyn holding Marley. Marilyn took such good care of us. She is so fun. She also fed us tons of wonderful food.



She brought up tons of stuff to make jewelry too. I made a couple watch bands and many, many pairs of earrings. Us girls couldn't get enough.


Here we are on our first of many evenings making earrings.
We also made tons of hair bows for our little girls, then we made flowers for us. Here are a couple of the flowers.


























We really got into it. Probably a little too much, but it was so stinkin fun!




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ron and Marilyn also let us ride their quads.

Uncle Ron took Josie and Kendra for a little ride.






Camryn and Sam rode with Kent.




Kent and I went on a ride with Nicole and Travis. I loved it!

Nicole and Travis rode in front.


Kent and I followed.
It was so beautiful up there. It was great to get to see so much of the woods. It was also great to spend some time close to my hubby.
The only downside to riding behind Nicole and Travis, was that we couldn't follow too close or we ate too much dust.
Apparently, we ate a lot of dust anyway (the picture doesn't do it justice).
It really was so much fun. We had to had quads to our wish list for the future.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We got to know Sandy, Rhett's wife even better. I love her to death. She is so much fun!
,
,
,
,
,
.
..
.
.
.
..
.
Here is my mom helping me feed Corinne cereal.
.
..
.
.
.
.
. .
My wonderful dad holding Marley and Corinne while Nicole and I were crafting.
.
.

We spent some time at the lake up there too.
From left: my brothers, Taylor and Dane, Sandy, Angela, Nicole, and Gary holding Dillon.
My brother, Dane.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sophia, Kendra, and Camryn.
Kendra and Camryn





Gary's little boy, Dillon.















There was a small island out in the lake. Some of the Tenney boys decided to swim out there, with Camryn and Josie on their backs.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After the lake, we put all the girls in the massive bathtub.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We had so much fun at the cabin, but it didn't end there. We followed the Tenney's back to their home in Gilbert. We got to attend Brandon's mission farewell. Brandon sure has grown into an amazing young man. I'm glad we were able to be a part of that. We also had a picnic with all our cousins and aunts and uncles that live down in the valley. My grandpa was also able to come. It was wonderful to get to see everyone again.
At the Tenney's, we got to swim some more. The first day we got there, we immediately went for a swim. It was 113 degrees outside. We thought a swim sounded great.


We didn't expect the water to be so warm. We still had fun, but after that we only swam after dark.


.
.
...
My sister, Mickell, playing with Kendra and my brother, Taylor.

Kendra floated around the pool.


Camryn started jumping in.
Mickell jumped with her a few times.


We did find a scorpion near the pool. It was the first one my kids had ever seen. Luckily, it was a small one, and somebody smashed it.


We really got into crafting throughout this entire Arizona trip. My cousin Jamie took us to SAS, this amazing store full of fabric and embellishments.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
..
.
.
Nicole and Angela feeling the excitement.

From left: Angela, Mickell, Me, and Nicole.

.
..
.
..
.


Then we headed to Jamie's house and started making more flowers.

Our girls played while we crafted. Kaydence got Corinne all dolled up.













Here is a sampling of our handiwork.

















All of the fun had to come to an end, and we had to go back home. It was a great vacation. Thanks again to Ron and Marilyn for opening up their homes to us.
We can't wait to go back. I wish we had more time to spend time with some of my cousins, so we'll start planning our next trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the best trip!!! I haven't send everyone all the pictures (I took way too many) so I'm glad you were still able to use some that I posted. I love you all and I feel so blessed to be able to do such fun trips together!!!

Julie w said...

Looks like you guys all had a great time! Love the picture of Corrine all dolled up! So cute!

I didn't know you were near "THE VALLEY" :) - ask Kent.