Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jonathan Got Married!!!

My little brother isn't so little anymore. He has always been a sweetheart. He always tried to help those around him, no matter his age. He is so generous. As an example, when we were little and had all gone trick-or-treating, we would all eat all our candy up, except for Jonathan. He would pace himself and eat a little at a time. Soon we were all out of candy, but he wasn't. He would take all he had and share between all of us.
Jonathan also has always been a people person. He would make friends anywhere. It didn't matter if they were older, he would walk right up to someone and ask if he could play. They would always say yes. People can't help but be drawn to him.
He also has a super tender heart. He is very special to me. Maybe it is because I am 6 years older than him, but I have often felt protective of him. I know that he is all grown up now, and fully capable of taking care of himself, but I always wanted him to find a really special girl. Someone that could appreciate how special he is, and would compliment him well.
I think he found her. From the first time I met Jessica, I really liked her. She is so sweet and genuine yet so fun and spunky. She is also absolutely beautiful. After that first time meeting her and seeing them together, I went home and told Kent I hoped it would work out between these two. They just seemed to compliment each other so well. Eight months later, here we are, waiting outside the temple while they are sealed together for time and all eternity. I couldn't be happier for them.
We took the opportunity outside the temple to take some pictures.
Kendra
Camryn
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Dane and Kendra




Mickell and Corinne



From left: Nicole, Marilyn holding Corinne, Marsha (mom and Marilyn's twin), Camryn, Me holding Kendra, and Mickell.




Aunt Marilyn and Kendra











Camryn made good friends with my cousin Denise's son, Gregory.


They twirled and danced outside the temple. It was the cutest thing.












.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
..
.
.
.
When Jonathan and Jessica came out, I got a little teary eyed, but was able to keep it back. A few minutes later, I was standing near the couple, and Kendra came up and pulled on my dress and pointed at Jessica, to point out what a beautiful bride she was. I picked up Kendra and agreed that she is beautiful in her white dress. I told Kendra that Jonathan and Jessica just got married in the temple. That was when I lost it. I started crying. I am truly so happy for them.

The Reception

Sadly, I was horrible about taking pictures at the reception, but here are a few.


Mickell and Marley













My cousin Trevor with Kendra and Kaydence.


From Left: Mickell holding Marley, Me holding Corinne, Kendra, Mom (Marsha) holding Camryn.

It was so beautiful. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the flowers and decorations, or the bride and groom, or anything or anyone else. You'll just have to take my word for it, that it was an absolutely beautiful event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet post, I love how you captured our little brother so well (and the amazing catch he got, Jessica)! I didn't get many shots at the reception either but it WAS so beautiful!
Can't wait to see you guys again this weekend!

Marsha said...

Your comments about Jonathan and Jessica were just what I would have said. It was also a perfect day. Even the weather could not have been better. I feel so blessed to have the amazing children I have. None of you will know the blessing you are to me.