Saturday, September 18, 2010

Camryn at 6 Years Old

Today, I asked Camryn what her favorite food is. She replied chili rice and cheese. This is my sister, Mickell's favorite dish. You just mix those three things together. When I made it for Camryn, she said it was her favorite too. I guess I should make it for her again, since she's only had it twice.

I also asked Camryn what her favorite thing to do is. She gave me a list, numbering things as she went.
#1-going to Megan's to ride horses, hold chickens, and pet chinchillas
#2-going to the fair
#3-getting hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy at night
#4-getting tickled by daddy
#5-swimming.
She absolutely LOVES swimming.
We started attending swimming lessons, and everyone says she is a little fish. She loves the water and is fearless.
This part of the pool she was jumping into was 10 feet deep. She would jump and swim to the side all by herself.
She has picked up on swimming so quickly.
#6-holding Corinne
#7-playing with her sissy, Kendra, and with Corinne

Camryn went on for quite some time, numbering more things she likes to do. Unfortunately, I started loosing track. I should have been writing things down. She numbered things up to 11. Another item was getting thrown on the bean bag.

Camryn is my sweet, silly, fun girl. She loves knock-knock jokes. She tries to make them up. Tonight at dinner, she tried having us do a game. She said knock-knock. I said who's there? She said the big bad wolf and that I was supposed to ask what color egg she wanted. If the wolf picked the same color egg you did, then you had to run. Then she realized we were at the dinner table and said we can run like this--bobbing her head from side to side like she was running, then said wait, we can run like this--adding shaking her hands next to her head. You had to have seen it. She was so stinkin cute. She is always making us laugh, and has the sweetest smile and laugh.

She always does her best to make us happy. I'm sure some of her responses above were given because she knew it would make us happy.

She loves drawing, especially on a doodle board. She is really good. I've asked her to draw on paper more, because I would like to keep some of her pictures. The doodle board is still her favorite though.
She still loves many of the things she has loved for a long time, like music, animals, and super heroes.

I can't believe that she is already six. I can't believe that she just started school.

First Day of Kindergarten
Camryn has been so excited to start school. She has been working hard to get ready for over a year. She loves working on "homework" with us. She has gotten pretty good at reading and writing. She is reading level 1 books we got from my mom. She seems to be a natural at math, and can already add numbers that equal up to 20. She can also do subtraction. We are so proud of her.
I can't count how many times she has asked us when she would start kindergarten. That morning, while I was helping her get ready, I asked if she was excited. She replied that she was a little bit nervous. I tried to assure her, and said that everyone else would be new too. That she just needed to listen to her teacher and she would tell her everything she needed to do.
I couldn't take her to school. I had to go to work to early. So Kent got to take her. I asked him to take the camera for me.
Camryn approaching the playground.
She ran right up to play.
Here she is walking into her classroom. The head you can just barely see is Mrs. Jacobsen, her teacher.
She is loving school so far. We hope the year continues to go this well.
Just looking at pictures of her still blows me away. How did she get so big? I can already see the lady in her. Where did my baby go?
I am so proud of the girl you have become, Camryn. I love you so much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe I am tearing up! Camryn is such a special girl, she is such a blessing to all those who know her. I can't get over those pictures of her at school, she is growing up too fast! I remember days at Kindergarten! She really does look like a young lady already! Reading this post made me realize I'm in denial about Kaydence ever being so big, my girls will never grow up ;) I'm pretty sure I'm going to bawl when that day comes (when they've already gone into the building and can't see me of course) :) I'm so glad we were able to be there for Camryns birthday, LOVE YOU CAMRYN!!! I am so proud of the little lady you are becoming!

Marsha said...

I think you're such an amazing Mom the way you individually blog your girls.
Camryn is growing up to be such a smart, and great girl. I think her teacher is very lucky to have her in her class. It's hard to believe she's so old, but when you are around her, you certainly see her maturity. We love her so much.