Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby Name

Our 3 girls have been given names that we have liked, and that was about all there was to it. There is some more to our boy name though. The name we have chosen is
.
Connor Dane
.
Not too long after Kent and I were married, we started talking about having a baby. Together, we decided that we wanted to start trying. We were driving one day and Kent made some off the cuff statement, "Well, when Connor is here...." refering to our unconceived baby.
.
It didn't take us long to get pregnant, and we soon started talking about baby names. I mentioned that day he referred to our baby as Connor, and said I really liked that name. Kent said he liked it too. We liked it so much, that we chose to name our baby Connor if it ended up being a boy.
.
That baby was not a boy, and we chose to name her Corinne.
.
This time we are having a boy. We still like the name Connor, so that will be his first name.
.
His middle name will be Dane, after my brother. We chose it as his middle name, not his first because he will not be Dane, but we want him to have a part of Dane.
.
Dane's closest friend told us how excited Dane was when he found out that Nicole and I were both having boys. Dane told his friend's parents about it, and how he was going to go and paint the pink playroom at my parent's house blue while my mom was sleeping.
.
Nicole and Travis and Kent and I decided together that instead of trying to decide who could use the name Dane for our baby, that we both could. Both of our boys will have Dane as their middle name. We really wish they could have known Dane here, as their uncle, but we feel that they will still be close to him. We can't wait to tell them all about him.
.
I find comfort thinking that they may be spending time together now.

3 comments:

Julie w said...

Leave it to Kent to make an off the cuff statement. ;) I like it! Nice way to honor Dane.

The Cook Clan said...

What a neat name!

Unknown said...

I love that, thank you Kathleen. I can't wait to meet Connor Dane Parkinson. I feel the same way about our boys being able to have a part of Dane and being able to be with him right now, I love you so much.